Ⅲ. Cloze ( 30 points)
Directions:For each blank in the following passage, there are four choices marked A, B0 Cand D. Choose the one that is most suitable and mark your answer by blackeningthe corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
What enables some people to get big creative breakthroughs while others only get small and non-creative breakdowns, blaming themselves and society? Are some people "gifted"? Are there other factors 21 work--factors that we have more control over than we think?
While nobody can deny the 22 that some people seem to be blessed with particular creativity, research shows that anyone can 23 their chances of coming up with new and original ideas 24 they would only engage themselves more in the process of 25 . It' s the old Thomas Edison thing about "discovery 26 99 percent perspiration (汗水) and 1 percent inspiration. "
27 , the studies prove this:great creative breakthroughs usually happen only 28 intense periods of struggle. It is sustained effort towards a specific goal 29 eventually prepares for great creative insights.
This kind of sustained effort does not always 30 immediate results, a fact that not only separates the innovators (革新者) from non-innovators, but 31 leads some people to conclude that it is just not 32 for them. "Maybe I should have gone to medical school like my mother wanted," they wonder when the breakthrough is 33 to be found. Alas, one forgets during inevitable encounters 34 self-doubt,that the big surprise is never 35 . Indeed,it can happen at any time and place.
21. A. to B. in C. at D.by
22. A. issue B. problem C. reason D. fact
23. A. miss B. reduce C. increase D.lose
24. A. because B. if C. while D. whether
25. A. creation B. practice C. production D. achievement
26. A. being B. be C. was D. were
27. A. Sooner or later
B. Some day or other
C. Every now and then
D. Time and again
28. A. beyond B. after C. above D. through
29. A. that B. who C. what D. as
30. A. create B. produce C. inspire D. encourage
31. A. too B. once C. again D. also
32. A. good B. difficult C. possible D. stupid
33. A. anywhere B. everywhere C. somewhere D. nowhere
34. A. against B. across C. with D. into
35. A. far away B. used up C. cleared off D. near by
版权保护: 本文由 浙江成考网提供，转载请保留链接: 历年真题库：2017年成人高考专升本英语真题及答案（2）