11. The Department is also deeply _____ in various improvement schemes.
A. connected B. included
C. involved D. implied
[答案] C. involved.
[注释]be involved in 参与。Be included in 包括在......中。
12. Keys should never be hidden around the house since thieves _____ know where to look.
A. virtually B. variously
C. unavoidably D. invariably
[答案] D. invariably.
[注释]invariably 总是, 不变地。Virtually 事实上, 实际上。unavoidably不可避免地。
13. The boy had a _____ escape when he ran across the road in front of the bus.
A. close B. short
C. narrow D. fine
[答案] C. narrow. [注释]have a narrow escape 幸免遇难。
14. Do you mind if I _____ with my work while you are getting tea ready.
A. get through B. turn to
C. carry on D. come on
[答案] C. carry on. [注释]carry on 继续, 参看Ⅲ,28。
15. I left for the office earlier than usual this morning _____ traffic jam.
A. in line with
B. in case of
C. for the sake of
D. at the risk of
[答案] B. in case of.
In line with (=in agreement with) 与......一致, 符合：His actions were not in line with his belief.本句中in line with...作表语。In line with history and social evolution socialism is inevitable.本句中in line with引导地短语作状语, 意为“按照”。For the sake of 为了......起见。At the sake of冒......的风险。
版权保护: 本文由 浙江成考网提供，转载请保留链接: 2020年浙江成人高考专升本《英语》练习试题及答案九