1. It isn't quite _____ that he will be present at the meeting.
A. sure B. right
C. exact D. certain
[答案] D. certain.
[注释]I am sure that +从句。He is sure to come. = He is certain to come.但在it作形式主语, that引导主语从句时, 主句中表语只能用certain, 不能用sure.
2. Many new _____ will be opened up in the future for those with a university education.
[答案] A. opportunities.
[注释]opportunity常指“ (难得的应抓住的) 机会”, 既可作可数名词, 也可以作不可数名词用, 如：I had few opportunities of meeting interesting people there. They had not much opportunity for hearing good music in the remote area.
3. The members of the club wouldn't run a _____ in entrusting(委托) the organization to an unreliable person.
A. danger B. risk
C. hazard D. chance
[答案] B. risk.
[注释]run a risk (in) 冒险：You are running a big risk in trusting him.
4. The meeting was _____ when the chairman fell ill.
A. put down B. shut out
C. cut short D. taken off
[答案] C. cut short.
5. John says that his present job does not provide him with enough _____ for his organizing ability.
A. scope B. space
C. capacity D. range
[答案] A. scope.
[注释]本题中scope (=opportunity; outlet) 施展机会, 发展余地, 是不可数名词, 如：Give someone scope to show his ability. Range意指“变动范围; 视听范围; 理解范围”, 如：the range of prices (价格变动范围).
版权保护: 本文由 浙江成考网提供，转载请保留链接: 2020年浙江成人高考专升本《英语》练习试题及答案一